Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dogs

I love dogs. I've learned a great deal from them. They love unconditionally, are ever hopeful and they find the greatest joys in the simplest things. There has only ever been a brief period of time in my life during which there was no canine presence in my house and I realized quickly that, for me, a house needs a dog to feel like a home.

Torturing animals is often a pre-cursor to significant violence against other human beings and ought to be an unforgivable crime. If I told you that your neighbor or co-worker was engaged in acts of utter cruelty towards dogs, how would you react? Would you continue to hold that person in the same esteem as before? If you were an employer and knew that a qualified job applicant tortured animals in his/her free time, would you ever consider hiring that person?

My guess is the answer is no.

Shame on you, Mr. President. You should have kept your nose out of it and just snuggled up with your expensive designer dog.

When the President Calls about the Vick Dogs...

No comments: