Sunday, October 10, 2010

I Admit It... I Was Wrong... once... :)

Dear Mrs. H,

I wasn't so sure about you at back to school night. I was thinkin' you weren't really warm and fuzzy enough to be a pre-school teacher, but I figured it was OK since your parapro is snuggly, and, once school started, and Exhibit C loved you from the get go, I thought perhaps you were one of those "great with the kids, not.so.much adults" types of teachers. That said, I sure was impressed by your teaching philosophy and methodology.

However, receiving an email from you that stated "I know you work a lot but I think Thursdays are your day off and I was wondering if you wanted to go to the pumpkin patch with the class..." and, further, offering to schedule the entire field trip around when I would be available was, perhaps, one of the most awesome things I've ever seen a teacher do in both my professional and personal/parental educational "careers".

Not only does it show that you are sensitive to working moms (given that I might just be the only one of those in the entire school this is particularly impressive), but also that you know your students' schedules and life patterns well enough to know not just the days I pick up my child myself, but also which one is actually my day off. This really speaks volumes about you as a teacher and, frankly, as a person.

I'm sorry I ever doubted your warm fuzziness. You clearly have it in spades.

Your Pal,
The Cranky Princess

No comments: