Friday, June 19, 2009

Results Driven

"You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing, there will be no result."
~Mahatma Ghandi



I am not a no results kind of princess. I am strong and successful, sassy, confident and, yes, even quirky in a beautiful kind of way. I offer solutions, not problems, and I think outside the box... in fact, I think I might actually live outside the box.

Today's the day. I feel empowered. Today I will make the difficult decisions that will dictate the direction in which I need to go and how I need to get there. The motto "I will find a way or make one" was ingrained into my pea sized brain from an early age. There is, afterall, something to be said about strict all girls' schools that believe in developing smart, independent, young women. That single sentence has stuck with me for the past 3 decades as a defining principle for who I am and how I operate. Somehow, though, I let it slip away from me for a little while... but I remember now that often it is choice, not chance, that determines destiny. It's time to get back to basics.

So there. Now where the hell is my coffee mug.

No comments: