Monday, November 3, 2008

WTF?

Dear Ed Psychologist,

I'm a little confused about the recent "evaluation" you performed on my client's child. It is my understanding that despite the extensive assessment that a very reputable SLP did over a 6-week period, and despite both the anecdotal and testing data I provided based on having worked with this child for in excess of one year, you spent a sum total of 2 hours with her and drew some unique conclusions. I understand that you invited the parents into the room during the evaluation. *Golf Clap* well done!!! I am sure that this didn't raise the child's level of concern at all. Oh, and ya know... I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but that testing you did doesn't resemble any formal evaluations with which I'm familiar. I particularly liked that you did a read aloud comprehension story with a kid with an identified auditory processing problem. You then informed the child's parents that their daughter simply has ADD, needs to be medicated and that these meds will magically solve the significant auditory processing deficits that showed up during her SLP eval... you know, the formal kind that's both valid and reliable.

I'd like to personally congratulate you for turning a mother's world upside down to the tune of 2500 wasted dollars... which will likely now turn into $5K as she seeks a second opinion. However, given that I am going to be short on cash soon, I sure do appreciate the opportunity you've afforded me for extensive consultation with my client.

Your Pal,
The Cranky Princess

No comments: